Support Staff - Full Time
St Albans, Christchurch
About Hawksbury Community Living Trust:
Hawksbury Community Living Trust provides quality residential support for people with intellectual disabilities. We have a wide range of residential homes in Christchurch, Kaiapoi and Mosgiel. We strive for an inclusive community-focused environment and proudly support people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their life choices.
About the role:
We're looking for Full-Time Support Staff to join our team in Christchurch. 80 hours per fortnight with Fridays and Saturdays as days off.
Working at one of our sites in St Albans, you'll be helping residents with their everyday activities like shopping, preparing and cooking meals, finances, household chores, personal support and getting out and about in the community.
Ideally, you'll have a NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 or equivalent along with:
- A positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ongoing development opportunities. If you haven't already completed NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 and 3, we will support you to do this, along with First aid, Safe Manual Handling and Dysphagia training.
- Free Employee Assistant programme, offering counselling, finance guidance, planning and career direction.
- An environment in which all people are proud to live and work
If you have experience in the field of disability support and a positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability, we'd love to hear from you.
Applications will be assessed as they are received so don't delay, apply today!
Empowering | Respectful | Compassionate | Understanding | Honest