Support Staff - Permanent Relief
Are you looking for a rewarding role?
Go home each day knowing you have made a genuine difference in peoples lives.
Whether it be going with them to a movie, grocery shopping or helping with household chores - that level of support can change someone's life!
We are Hawksbury Community Living Trust; our sole purpose is to provide quality residential support for people with intellectual disabilities. With a broad range of residential homes in Christchurch, Kaiapoi and Mosgiel that offer independent community focused environments, we proudly support people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their life choices.
Creating a good environment for our residents is so important, equally as important to us, is creating a supportive environment for our team. We want you to feel encouraged and supported to pursue your goals and we do this in a number of ways, including:
- Ongoing development opportunities. If you haven't already completed NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 and 3, we will support you to do this, along with First aid, Safe Manual Handling and Dysphagia training.
- Starting pay rate of $21.50 per hour (this may be higher in line with pay equity recognized qualifications)
- Creating an environment in which you will be proud to live and work
We have a great opportunity for Support Staff to join our team in Dunedin, on a full-time permanent basis.
Working in one of our homes, you'll be helping people with their everyday activities like shopping, preparing and cooking meals, finances, household chores, personal hygiene and getting out and about - i.e. seeing a movie, visiting friends, shopping or attending appointments.
Ideally, you'll have:
- An NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 or equivalent
- A positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
Our Permanent Relief Team generally work every weekend and at times complete split shifts - e.g. 7am - 10am in the morning returning to complete a 3.00pm to 8.00pm shift in the evening. Hours per fortnight are usually to meet the needs of the homes when other permanent staff are absent, or for other unexpected reasons.
We are looking forward to welcoming you into our team and our residents lives - apply now!