Support Staff - Part Time Fixed Term (12 Month - Maternity Leave)
Are you friendly, caring and empathetic? Ready to be a source of support for people in your community?
Whether it be going with them to a movie, grocery shopping or helping with household chores - that level of support can change someone's life!
Hawksbury Community Living Trust provides quality residential support for people with intellectual disabilities. With a broad range of residential homes in Christchurch, Kaiapoi and Mosgiel that offer independent community-focused environments, we proudly support people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their life choices.
We're looking for a Part-Time- fixed term Support Staff to join our team in Papanui while parental leave is taken.
You will be part of the team supporting residents in two homes which are side by side.
Week 1: Mon 3-8pm, Sat 8-2pm, Sun 8-2pm. Days off Tue, Wed, Thur & Fri
Week 2: Mon 7-3pm, Tue 7-3, Sat 8 -2, Sun 8 -2. Days off Wed, Thur & Fri.
Ideally, you'll have a NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 or equivalent along with:
- A positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ongoing development opportunities. If you haven't already completed NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 and 3, we will support you to do this, along with First aid, Safe Manual Handling and Dysphagia training.
- Starting pay rate of $21.50 per hour (this may be higher in line with pay equity recognized qualifications)
- An environment in which all people are proud to live and work
If you have experience in the field of disability and are looking for an amazing team to work with - apply now.
Applications will be assessed as they come in, so don't delay, apply today!